Many temporary and permanent immigration options are designed for, limited to, or commonly used by workers in particular industries.
- Technology based immigration (computer professionals, etc.)
- Medical professionals and workers (physicians, nurses, therapists, technologists, etc.)
- Academic professionals (educators, researchers, scholars)
- Religious workers and ministers
- Performing Artists and Athletes (O & P, H-2B, EB-1)
- Agricultural Workers
- Crewmen and Longshore Workers
- Information Media Workers
To review the unique options or barriers for a particular industry, click on the industry name on this page or in the menu on the left. Note that some of the industries discussed on these pages may also be eligible for options available for workers in any industry or for workers in businesses with international connections.
How We Can Help
Baker Donelson’s Immigration Group works with a wide range of industries in the acquisition of international workers. With our expertise, we can help clients avoid options that seem to be available but are not practical, and we can swiftly prepare and carefully track the often cascading series of petitions and applications necessary to obtain the desired immigration status. In working with individuals, our attorneys are aware of the options that arise from a particular set of education, skills, and experience and can lead the person to the type of prospective employment that maximizes immigration opportunities. We can manage volumes of workers for a particular employer or association of employers, keeping the employer and the workers informed about the status.